Terms & Conditions
Dyson Group of Companies
Incorporating Dysons Bus Services and Cobb & Co
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CHARTER SERVICES
The hire of a bus/coach by the customer for any Charter is subject to the terms & conditions set out below unless a specific written agreement is made between the customer and Dyson Group of Companies.
Conditions of Quotations
Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days from the date supplied. All prices quoted are subject to change and any such change will be advised upon booking. Please check all details provided in this quotation to ensure that all details are correct. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of customer itineraries. No bookings are made when a quotation is provided and Dyson Group of Companies will not accept tentative bookings.
Customer bookings must be received in written form, post, fax or e-mail. A written acceptance confirmation will be provided in return for all bus/coach bookings.
Prepaid Customers – a 10% deposit is required within a minimum of 30 days prior to hire to secure your bus/coach or immediately on hire of booking if under 30 days. Final payment is due 7 days prior to departure. Invoices raised on request. No cash accepted on the day of departure.
Payment can be made by cheque, money order or by Bankcard, MasterCard, Visa, Amex & Diners.
Customers using CREDIT CARDS note and accept the following service fees. These fees are inclusive of GST.
Diners 4% charge
Amex 4% charge
M/Card 2.5% charge
Visa 2.5% charge
Account Customers - an invoice will be raised on the day of departure. Terms of payment are strictly 30 days from date of invoice.
Credit Application forms are available on request, approval time is minimum 7 days and credit can not be extended prior to application being fully processed and approved by our credit department.
Please note that payment conditions for day tours, extended tours and camping safaris may vary and details will be provided upon booking.
Cancellation / Alteration fees
The following fees will be charged following the cancellation of the hire
Notice given Cancellation / Alteration fee
Before 5.00pm day prior to booking No Cancellation Fee
After 5.00pm day prior to booking 50% Cancellation Fee
When a bus/coach has proceeded to the pick up point before notice of cancellation is received 100% Cancellation Fee
Please note that cancellation fees for extended tours and camping safaris may vary and details will be provided upon booking.
The customer agrees on booking confirmation and commencement, that the price charged by Dyson Group of Companies for provision of the services detailed will be amended for any additional time and/or distance provided on the day or total duration of the hire. Additional charges will be calculated on a pro-rata basis and will depend on the extent of the additional time and/or distance provided.
We do not guarantee to provide additions or amendments during hire period, any such variation will be considered only and subject to, time taken, legal driving hours, deviation from route, knowledge of the area by driver and the drivers agreement in consultation with our Service Delivery staff. Our decision in such matters will be final.
We reserve the right to impose additional charges for cleaning the interior of any vehicle that is in our sole judgement left in an unsatisfactory manner either during or at the conclusion of a hire period. This also applies to wilful damage by passengers to either the interior or exterior of the vehicle
The provision of bus or coach hire is subject to the current Road Transport, Passenger Vehicle and OH&S regulations issued by the appropriate authority in the State of which the hire is being conducted. The Dyson Group of Companies reserves the right to enforce its legal obligation in compliance with the law in all aspects of our hire provision irrespective of customer requests, conduct, actions or other circumstances effecting the provision of this hire.
This includes, but is not limited to our right to;
• Refuse entry to bus / coach of persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Stop consumption of hot food or drink, alcohol or tobacco products on the vehicle
• Authorise our driver to act in the best interests of his passengers safety irrespective of consequences to the hire program
• Ensure domestic pets are not allowed onto a vehicle unless caged correctly, and prior agreement to transport has been obtained from the Dyson Group of Companies in writing. Registered guide dogs are exempt.
• Obey road speed restrictions irrespective of unscheduled delays in transit
• Stop to render assistance to others when judged in the public interest for safety or rescue
• Report to authorities any person acting in a manner that endangers others, this could include our stopping a hire program or may result in its cancellation
• Refuse to carry dangerous, flammable or illegal items/goods on any part of a passenger/ person or the vehicle.
• Determine the suitability and nature of any luggage or items intended to be carried by, or for, passengers on or within the vehicle cabin or storage areas and to refuse such items deemed as unacceptable. We take no responsibility for luggage lost or damaged whilst being handled, on tour or any time in transit; all items carried are at the owner’s risk.
• Render first aid in the best interest of passengers and take such measures deemed necessary to enlist assistance in an emergency from any available services. Costs of such emergency service provision rest with the passenger/s.
• Maintain legal driving hours and driver rest periods in line with current regulations.
• Remove waiting vehicles from a hire pick up point due to passengers being overdue by time exceeding 10 minutes, with or without notification by the passenger group or representative of such a delay at our discretion. Due to other operational commitments this may result in job cancellation (Ref. Fees applic.)
Any issues arising from the hire and operation of our service must be received in writing within 30 days of the hire completion date, for an official response. Hire issues or compensation claims made after this time may not receive a response.
Exclusion of Liability:
Dyson Group of Companies will take all reasonable steps to provide to the customer, services outlined in this confirmation advice. The Dyson Group of Companies accepts no liability for:
• substitution of bus or coach for reasons beyond our control.
• any loss of enjoyment experienced by passengers due to circumstances beyond its control;
• loss or damage to clothing and/or luggage and;
• failure to meet connections due to unexpected delays
• any other costs incurred by the customer and;
• third party claims associated with the hire event
• acts of Force Majeure
By placing the booking with The Dysons Group of Companies, you acknowledge that you have read and are fully aware of our Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.